What are the GroundHog Max specifications?
The product weighs 46 lbs. and is made with high intensity heavy gauge ¼ wall steel. Each disc has its own replaceable high-speed double-sealed, deep grooved bearings. The discs are installed with anti-slide bolts and nuts for easy replacement of bearings if necessary. All bearings are the same size. Discs are mounted on a ¾ inch axle. This axle is then encased in a glove-fit 1 inch steel pipe. This creates a closed system that does not require greasing. The GroundHog MAX ATV/UTV Disc Plow does not have ratchets. There are no tires to dry rot and go flat. It is practically maintenance free.
Shipping Weight - GroundHog MAX (with Hitch Kit) - 69lbsShipping Weight - GroundHog MAX (without Hitch Kit) - 46lbs(2) Outside 8” High Strength 1060 Grade Notched Disc Blades(2) Middle 9” High Strength 1060 Grade Notched Disc Blades(2) Inside 10” High Strength 1060 Grade Notched Disc Blades¾“ Round, Stress Proof
High-Speed (Double Sealed, Deep Groove) Ball Bearing (Bolted on to Disc with Anti-Slide Bolts)Heavy 2” Steel Tube Adjustable Frame
1. This fully assembled product weighs 46 lbs. and is made with high intensity heavy 10 gauge wall steel.
2. Each disc has its own easy to replace, high-speed, double-sealed, deeply grooved ball bearings with a trash guard.
3. The discs have anti-slide bolts and nuts for easy replacement of bearings.
4. Graduated notched discs sizes are 8”, 9”, or 10” but all bearings are the same size. This assembly was the most aggressive setup for cutting virgin ground.
5. Discs are mounted on a ¾” steel axle.
6. Between each of the disc blades the axle itself is encased in a glove-fit 1-inch steel pipe. This creates a closed system that does not require greasing.
7. There are no ratchets to mess with and no tires to dry rot and go flat.
8. Adjustable height control, in 1" increments on the T-Head allows you to use it on machines with either low or high ground clearance.
9. A 2” square hitch receiver is required. It can be purchased with a hitch kit included in the box (for Honda and Polaris mostly), or it can be purchased without a hitch kit included at a lower cost. You would then buy an aftermarket hitch kit for your specific machine.
10. Comes with a 90-day manufacturer’s warranty.
11. The plow is basically maintenance free. After use, wipe off and spray down with WD-40 or similar product.
12. Works with 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive. Works on lower CC "air cooled only" machines. You are plowing 4-7 mph so a smaller CC machine stays cool. The strain on the machine is far less than with a pull behind plow.
13. Works with independent rear suspension or straight axle setups.
14. Direct, belt or chain drive machines can work.
15. When new, the disc blades may not turn freely. After some use they will spin properly, but they do not free spin like a bike wheel.
16. If you want to keep your ball hitch while using the GroundHog MAX receiver tube, buy a Reese-type hitch in 1 ¼” to slide in the tractor pin. It is a loose fit but as long as it has weight applied it will not rattle and works fine.